Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pardus 8th Armored: Line of Death



Line of Death
Today we have another addition to the Pardus! I present to you, Line of Death. This Leman Russ Tank is commanded by Captain Le Guin, seen both in the Tanith First and Only novels as well as the Phantine novels. This Leman Russ Tank carries two auto cannons and a hull heavy bolter. Sharp eyed views can note that the side panels have had the words "Pardus" added onto them for detail.  This tank was a joy to work on and I hope that sometime in the near future I will be able to make them some track covers for the top area. Captain Le Guin remains one of my personal favorite characters from the Gaunt's Ghost series due to his loyalty and caring for his men.

Front View
WIP at the moment!
Sometime in the future, I hope to make it so that Line can join her brothers and sisters as a Battle cannon tank as well. The battle cannon piece was modeled on a converted Thunderer that I sent off to Bandogora for his birthday. Maybe he'll let me do a post about that soon enough! In the meantime I am letting Line of Death be my main hunter for heavy infantry and light vehicles. I hope to get a 4th tank soon to run as a Command Tank for the squadrons. We'll see how that turns out.

So what else has been going on here? Glad you asked! I've taken to working on my next flyer to paint up: my converted Vulture Gunship! This flyer is heavily armed with Punisher cannons and a heavy bolter meant to take down light targets. It will be painted up in the colors of the 352nd "Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney, a P-51D Mustang unit from World War II. However, in game terms, it will be from the world of Phantine for their aviators. That at the moment is a major WIP.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More