Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tanith 1st: Men of Tanith, Do you want to live forever?!



The Squad
So originally I had planned to do another product review for the second half of August but that plan has fallen through. Right now I'm out of paints I need to do my next project so while I wait for a supply drop, I figured I would present to you all another squad of Tanith.

 This squad was done over the course of two weeks. For my Tanith (and most of my line infantry) I usually do five models at a time with one example figure. That way I am able to concentrate on each model individual model and not feel overwhelmed. This squad is gonna be another line squad but I have not yet decided under who.

The first four Tanith
Of late I've been working on readying my army to completion and trying to get as much as possible painted. With my recent purchase of a airbrush this task has become much easier and faster. I hope to be able to work through my flyers and tanks fairly quickly in order to complete them before moving on.

With each model I am attempting to add small characteristics to the model to make them individuals. some models receive 5'o clock shadows or mustaches as part of their painting process. Others get beards or facial features painted up in order to differentiate them from other models.

Another addition to the models are a second coat of silver finish on the model parts of the weapons. I am unsure how it looks overall but I have attempted with two squads so far and found it to be excellent for adding a flair to the model.

The second six Tanith
So whats next? well I hope to be able to provide that product review I had talked about at the start of this post. Secondly, my FLGS is starting its own journeyman league in warmachine for MK III. I hope to start on my Menoth as soon as my supply drop comes in. With the grey primer that I use, I was thinking of using my airbrush to paint the whites and then add a coat of red in certain areas. However, this plan seems like it would be a waste of resources. Especially since the white would enhance the reds too much to be off color. Perhaps I will do a test model and see the results.

Till next time, leave a comment, say hi or just let me know what you think. Every little bit helps!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More