Monday, July 4, 2016

Phantine Air Show (of what is to come)

The Air Wing in its glory
Happy 4th of July to all my American readers. As we come to a end this holiday weekend I want to share with you a project of mine that is going to be a long time running. Painting my Phantine Air Corp.  As seen earlier, the 'Bolts are already done but ahead of me is much more!

Three Valkyries, One Vendetta, and One Vulture. These aircraft make up the bulk of my air wing and are key essential elements of my Phantine army. With the new airbrush I recently acquired I hope to be able to knock these out fast in order to get them table top ready.

The Vulture (with its Blue nose) and invasion strips is painted off of the 352nd Fighter Squadron from World War II. Also known as "The Blue nosed Bastards of Bodney" these airmen accounted for some of the highest aces in the war. By adding their paint scheme into my army I tied together my love for history with my enjoyment of wargaming.

Closer shots of the air wing
these flyers originally belonged to my friend KatoSniper21 but after he left 40k, i bought them off of him and proceeded to redo them in my own colors. The Valkyries and the Vendetta fought in the war over Ventra Majoris during the Dakka Dakka World Wide Campaign. A campaign my own Detachment D-44 was a part of (if any of you were a part of it, Please let me know!)

As we celebrate this day, let us remember that in our own world, there are people fighting for us to remain free and risking there life for us. Even though we war game and have fun, we have to remember the real sacrifice that is asked of all who serve.

Happy 4th Everybody!
Till next time!

1 comments:

Cadian 127th said...

Very nice. The air wing looks like it is ready to deal out some serious firepower! Is the Vulture a conversion?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More